Cowl vs Ram air Hoods.

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 23:18:14 EST

Now that I am going to replace my hood, I was wondering if I should get
a cowl or ram air hood. Are there serious benefits/costs for either?
Which gives more horsepower? Is one more prone to damage (no smart- ass
comments here.)? Does having ram- air make a lot of drag? Enough to
make a difference? Please remember that this is a dialy- driven Dakota,
and about 5 or 6 times makes a trip from North Carolina to St. Louis,
Mo. (About 1500 miles round trip.) Thanks for any and all imput.
Robert Trottmann
rotrottmann@davidson.edu