Engine Dress up.

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 19:15:49 EST

I just got the spring '98 Summit Catalog, and there's a lot of stuff in
there from spectre (dipstick handles, powersteering dipstick, radiator
cap, air cleaner nut) These are anodized alumnium, and look like a nice
engine dress up. Anyone bought this stuff before? Is it crap or worth
it.
Second dress up question: I would like to have chrome valve covers, and
Summit has them from Edelbrock for "small chrysler, dodge, plymouth, low
profile" for $35.95. I heard that it is better to have your current
valve covers chromed, than buy new ones. Is it OK to get chrome valve
covers on an engine w/ 56,000+ miles?
Thanks,
Robert Trottmann
rotrottmann@davidson.edu