Loud Heater

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 21:39:59 EST

I have 270 miles on my 98 Dakota and I noticed the heater is way
noisy. The sound is like the fan has nowhere to go. The sound
seems to come from the top of the dash near the defrost vents.
This only happens on the heat (floor) setting. It has "normal"
noise at all of the other settings. Is this normal Dakota
behavior or is something wrong?

Could somebody check their 98? It is easy to do just turn on the
fan and move through the different ventalation positions. Mine
gets quite loud on the heater setting.

Thanks,

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA