Buzzer, WAS; Battery Question

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 23:13:43 EST

Robert Trottmann wrote:
(now someone is going to reply to tell me how easy it is
> to temporarily disconnect it) :-)Hmmmm, the lights are under the cursed
> hood! No wonder they messed things up!
> Now I NEED a new hood.
> Robert

I can tell you how to permenantly disconnect it which is what I did to
mine. God that sound drove me nuts EEEERRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ or
something like that just made you want to go shoot someone. Just look
under the dash above the e-brake near the fuse box (might be on the fuse
box, been a while) and you will see a black box, just pull it out (it
unplugs) and toss it in the glove compartment. Ahh, no more anoying
buzzer, and you can put it back just as easy.

You know this just gave me an idea. It would be cool to design a device
that plugs into the buzzer port, but instead of buzzing it would say (in
a sexy female voice) "your door is open" or "your lights are on" Maybe
the voice could even sound like the computer voice from star trek.
--BEEEP "Warning, exterior illumination currently activated, 3 hours to
electrical system failure" Yeah that would rule! Now I just need to
take some classes in digital circuitry, figure it all out, produce it,
market it and retire to some remote island..... with a 1/4 mile strip
and a garage full of Mopars!

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com