Radiator problem

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 04:20:51 EDT

Came in tonight and as I walked in front of the truck I smelled a faint
sweet smell. Poped the hood and sure enough it was anti-freeze. It
seems to be seeping out at the upper seal between the plastic top and
main body. It isn't bad yet but it is just a matter of time till it
fails. Right now it's just a tiny bit, the fan sucked the antifreeze up
and slung it into my hood pad wich was damp in the front center
portion. The a/c compressor also had a.f. sprayed on it by the fan.

So how expensive will this be? I will probably get it fixed tommorow
(today actually). Will I have to junk the whole radiator because of the
plastic or can it be repaired? Would this be a good time to have the
radiator cleaned out?

Other than a starter motor this is the only major failure I've had in
74,000 miles so I guess it's time. Also can the radiator be upgraded
with an aftermarket one or would it be worth it? If it has to be
replaced it might as well get replaced with a "performance" grade
radiator.

Thanks.

--
----