Scratches Solved!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat May 02 1998 - 22:34:13 EDT

     This post is for the guy out in Alaska (I think) that has an emerald
     green dak like mine that shows ALL the scratches...

     If you have a Pep Boys in your neighborhood, pick up a tube of "GS27
     Scratch Remover". It's a little pricey at about $12-14 but you use
     such a small amount I imagine one tube will last the life of a truck.
     Also, I didn't ask the advice of the experts on this list about this
     product before I used it, so if I get totally flamed for causing
     irreparable damage to the finish on my truck, you might want to wait
     for a few posts before you try it...:o) All I know is that this stuff
     took out some pretty nasty scratches with one application. Be
     advised, a very small amount (less than a pea size) goes a long way
     and you don't need (or want) to rub too hard... Just small and lite
     pressure circles did the trick for me.

     BTW the scratches were caused by chaffing of the MOPAR front end bra
     against the left and right fenders. Go figure, I bought it to protect
     my front end paint and radiator when I do some highway driving...
     Stupid me for trying to be proactive!

     T.
     Boston, MA