Re: DML:Confusion Was spark knock

From: Kevin M. Bigler (KBigler@coweblink.net)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 21:34:12 EDT

I think there is some confusion here. . . The Dak's (and most CC Products) have
a "knock Sensor" that automatically detects knock, and then the computer retards
the timing to keep the engine from knocking. I know there was some discussion
before about grades of fuel, and it really does matter. The highr the octane,
the less the computer will have to retard the timing, thus giving better fuel
economy and POWER. Lower octane = Retarded timing and lower MPG's and poor
performance. Hope this helps out. . .

Good Luck.. .

Kevin Bigler
Winter Park, CO