hood sensor ????

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 18 1998 - 13:47:58 EDT

.
Today while going over the engine (degreaser / rag / elbow grease) I
noticed that i had a rusted end of a worn trough wire coming from the
headlight area sticking out by the battery tray. I found the matching worn
trough end and it went to some little depression switches where the fender
meets the grill that signal when the hoods down.

What do these switches control???
What are they called???
I'd like to fix it just to be fixed but how much???

One of the switches on the passenger side doesn't pop back anymore so maybe
I'll play with it too.

Sorry for all the questions but I don't have my Chitons here.

Thanks, mm
   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
{ }|| | | ||{ } mmeye@umr.edu
   [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab