Lock Right

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 15:02:09 EDT

John Foster, another list member with a 3.21, 5 spd, and Lakewood=20
traction bars (just like me) had installed a Lock Right differential=20
on his 95 and ran great =BC times. I am looking for more consistency in =

launching and for better wet weather traction myself, and am going to=20
purchase a Lock Right or ez locker asap. I'm leaning towards the LR=20
because I think I heard that's where EZ got there design from - even=20
heard about a lawsuit regarding that. LR will be coming out with=20
their version for the 97-98 model Dak rearends this month - can't=20
wait.

Anyway, has anyone had any problems with these units? Everything I=20
read about them on the Internet is very positive - people seem to=20
absolutely love them, but the offroad shop I called for ballpark=20
prices said some of his customers using LR's had snapped their axles=20
(the speedfreak in me thinks that in a way, this is an asset - not a=20
detriment!). I seriously doubt if I'm ever going to hook up well=20
enough to do that. Anyway, he recommended an Auburn cone type unit -=20
only problem is that the ring and pinion have to be pulled to install=20
this setup and that burns $150-200 (at least in my case) for setup by=20
a qualified shop.

Any comments on any of these units?

Thanks

Tate