Sticker, Logos, etc.

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 18:31:25 EDT

   This came up a while ago, but nothing really came of it.
(well, besides the www.dakota-truck.net domain name).

   I'd definitely be interested in a DML sticker though...
Might help to "reach" some Dak drivers who have yet to
find us.

  Back then, I was corresponding with Jack about graphics
for the dakota-truck.net site, etc. I threw together a page
with some potential logos and such at:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dmlpics/other/diamondback.html

  It contains some logos I was playing with; maybe you'd
like to take a look at it and tell me what you think...
 (The DML logo on that page is also on the new DML maps)
 I thought that it might look good on t-shirts, patches, hats,
etc. :-)

  As far as the sticker goes, the "www.dakota-truck.net" text at
the bottom would probably use the "dakota font" instead.
(see http://www.dakota-truck.net and look at the image on
the top. I rendered that "font" by hand based on the
"Dodge" and "Magnum Powered" logos.) (I'll grab it and
throw it at the bottom of that page at the other URL too.)

   Back when we were talking about this, one list member (sorry
I've forgotten who now) :-( mentioned that we might want to have
the sticker be simply "www.dakota-truck.net" in the "dakota" font;
maybe even something that could go across a windshield. If there's
enough interest in a couple different types, we could probably
just make both types?

  Well, if anyone has any ideas or opinions, let me know! It
would be neat if we could get something going with this.
It would definitely help to get DML'ers to find each other at
car shows and stuff. :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |