Re: eaders for 98 R/T (Att. Bruce)

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 20:24:01 EDT

> Mike,
> Either my R/T is defective or the factory never got around to the 2 into 1
> Cat. My cat , per my previous post is a 2"inlet, 3" outlet kinda thing...
> Not a real crowd pleaser. Hopefully those design guys got their revision
> control in order by now.
> BKB

Bruce,
        My R/T Club Cab has a dual inlet cat. Two 2" pipes enter
the front (1" space between them) no Y or anything just 2 pipes
straight in one from each side of the engine. The rear of the cat
has one pipe exiting it. They said it was a 3" exit pipe but it
has a non mandrel bend right at the exit point that's choked
down to 2.25" (What a joke). When I do my headers I think I'll
cut it off flush and weld on a true 3" mandrel bend pipe.

Mike Catlin