Raced a new T/A.

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 12 1998 - 13:06:03 EDT

Got to race my friend's 95 T/A last night.. test out the new toy..

his car is pretty quick, 3.42 gear, reprogramed computer, K&N FIPK, 160 deg
thermo, air foil, no cat, flowmaster exhaust, TB coolant disconnect, lower
control arms and other suspension work...... he has seen a 13.4 on a cold
night but he guesstimated a 13.8 in the conditions last night..

anyways, to the race.. I had my boost retard set at 1, and was getting a solid
3-4 psi throughout the midrange (3000-4300) and it would jump to 5psi during
the last 800 rpm or so...

from a dead stop, he got me maybe a half of a car out of the hole.. then the
boost comes on, I'm dead even, maybe have a mph on him..

from a roll in 1st, I pull him, and stay that way steadily with about 3 mph on
him... cool :-)

can't wait to do some dragstrip testing...

ttyl
patrick