Re: RE dead battery (Ithink) attn:eric

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 17:40:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/98 10:17:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gdorn@newlywedsfoods.com writes:

<< Eric,dude,I guess u didn't get my emphasis re NOT being
 a mechanical genuis,which I readily admit but thanx to the DML
 I'm steadily improving.Please enlighten me on what u said,
 "replacing the coil",what exactly are u refering to to.
 tia (again)
 geo. '89 Shelby Dakota #288 >>
Geo, my dak did the same thing exactly. I went racing till about 2 am one
night, got up the next morning to get Mcdonalds for the kids for breakfast.
Jumped in, turned the key and absolutely nothing. No rur rur, no NOTHING AT
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
Did the idiot test with my dad (dont do it!!) I pulled the wire off of the
coil, you know that little black thing that the extra spark wire hooks up to
at the front left of your engine if youre facing it, and held it close to the
coil while good ole dad tried to fire it up, and whalla! No spark. So, we
went to dear ole dads dak and did the same and WHALLA I got the shock of my
life while dear ole dad got the laugh of his life!! So the solution was, get
a new coil! I think it was under 25 bones. Didnt bother getting a Mopar one,
just the good old parts store one!! Hope this helps
Eric