Re: Fuel Injection or T.B. ????

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 22:24:27 EDT

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
wed.5th,8:25pm
>>Don't worry, the only stupid question,is the question that isn't asked.
>yes you're right about fuel injected--it's fired with the computer and a
coil for the plugs. the injectors only inject precise amounts of fuel into
the top of the intake valve. As to the TB(throttle body) it sets in the
center of the intake just as a carburator would. Its only job is to SENSE
the amount of AIR coming into the intake. It also has sensors to monitor
idleing,air intake(for various altitudes) ,WOT(wide open throttle),and just
plain acts like a carb. This is why we have the ability to massage the TB
with grinding out, and the computer senses this and compensates for it. Hope
this helps