Re: DML:Homebrew Air Intake was: Air Intake Temp

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 10:21:47 EDT

At 05:02 PM 8/9/98 , you wrote:

>Mike,
>I don't know what to say other than I built by homebrew exactly like the
>unit from Airaid and they claim a HP increase.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. :) Airaid claims a HP
increase compared to what? The stock air box, right? Well, I have no doubt
that that's true. Frankly, I think that any modification short of stuffing
dirty socks down your TB would result in an increase over the stock air
box. What I'm questioning is whether simply installing an open element
cleaner might not be the best choice. Then any mods over and above that to
try to enclose it and duct in cold air would be taking a step backwards.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse the privilege.