Re: DML:Erratic Shifting

From: Thomas McCabe (mccabet@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 19:09:06 EDT

Mighty Quinn wrote:

> Ive had a slight problem (maybe 1 in 20 times) with my automatic trans.
> Every once in a while, usually when over 3000 rpms, i get erratic shifting.
> Especially between 2nd and 3rd gears. It just seems to go from 2nd to 3rd
> back to 2nd then to 3rd again. This is all under steady acceleration keepin
> my foot in one place (even floored.) Its on a 97 dak with the 318. I took
> it into the dealer since its still under warranty and they said that they
> couldnt find anything wrong with it i.e. no error codes, fluid levels all
> fine, and they ran a test drive with it and couldnt duplicate it. (i didnt
> argue being a customer rep myself) I just wondered if anyone else had
> experienced anything like this and any suggestions of what it might be.

I had a similar problem with my '96 on the 1-2 shift. Even had the
problem with the MP SBEC. Cable adjustments did not help. Dealer could
not fix it. Well, I hope to see if it is fixed now since they just
overhauled the trans for a buzz in reverse. I think I saw a TSB on it
once, not sure though.

Good Luck!

--
Thomas McCabe