Re: undercoating

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 19:37:53 EDT

At 04:15 PM 8/12/98 PDT, you wrote:
>I have a question that someone might be able to answer for me. I saw
>something at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago that was called rubberized
>undercoating. It is basically rubber in an aerosol can. Has anyone
>tried to sound deaden the cab of there truck using this stuff. I
>thought about getting some and using it to spray the wheel wells and the
>inside of the cab under the carpet. I used it once on a jeep that I
>have and I thought it made a difference although I didn't spray it
>inside of the truck, just on the frame and wheel wells.
>
>Fleg

I have some of that stuff, or something similar. I haven't put it on my
truck, though. If you are tryinging to lower sound levels in the truck, I
think spraying it on the underside of the truck would be more beneficial.
Just spray it on the bottom of the cab, on the outside. The carpet would
be a bitch to install with the undercoating under it. Plus, it would be a
pain in the ass to take everything out in the first place.

Brian