Re: Questions, and thoughts

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 16:02:11 EDT

>> I have heard that our trucks had an optional "limited slip"
>>rear. Does anyone know how to identify this from the label under the
>>hood?
>
>Under the hood should be a sticker that has the options on your truck. It
>should say Sure-Grip, or limited slip differential. Something along those
>lines. It also has the gear ratio that is in your truck on the sticker.

If you don't have the sticker and you still aren't sure , jack up the rear
end in the middle where both rear tires are off the ground .

put the truck in neutral and take off the emergencey brake .

squat down and start rotaing one of the tires in either direction .

If the opposite tire rotates in the same direction , then it's a sure grip
, if it rotates in the opposite direction , then it's open .

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html