Re: RE: Throttle bodies again.. (was: 98 R/T power mod's questions)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 09:12:55 EDT

<< Hay Patrick,

 I have three TB's from 5.9's and I do have access to a flow bench. I can
 get the throttle plates or I can make them. What I need to know is how
 large a throttle
 plate anyone has placed in the throttle body's without problems. There
 is the TPS (throttle position sensor) that we need to contend with. More
 air means less
 clicks on the TPS. >>

Jules claims to use a 55mm bore on each side... The throttle plates would be
so easy to make it wouldn't be worth the price Holley or anyone else charges
for them. They could easily be made out of aluminum, or maybe if one used
brass they could make the plates thinner...

There were interesting dyno numbers on one of his Pro Street TB's on the DiRT
mailing list where it showed (no suprise) a huge dip in the low end on a V-10.

<< Once I know the numbers,
and make the
tooling, the actual work on any TB should take less time than it takes
to type in this message. >>

How were you planning on enlarging the TB bores? Boring bar?

Three TB's... I'd love to take one of those off your hands.

ttyl
Patrick