Re: JBA Y Pipes??was:JBA HeadersDML Digest V3 #1169

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 03:55:17 EDT

At 09:14 PM 8/18/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Jon,
>
>Actually, this IS true. However, I think that accidently lowering the
>cat onto a jackstand while rotating tires WOULD justify a change out (the
>cat WOULD be damaged). You would need to retain your old cat (with the
>requisite jackstand dent) in case someone wanted to question it, though.
>
>Gene Beaird
>98 Flame Red CC R/T
>

>>> I would like to replace the dual inlet cat and use a single hi-flow 3"
>>> unit instead. However I don't think it will be legal since smog laws
>>> says that you can't replace the cat unless it fails or after 50k miles.

How about knockin' the crap out of it with a sledge hammer, and telling the
exhaust place that it fell off the jack and landed on a cement block that
you had under the truck just in case it fell. That should work :-).
There's a place in town that will remove a cat and weld in a straight pipe,
and they also replace 'em with under 50,000 miles.

Brian

"Life is what happens while
 you are making other plans."
                -John Lennon