Re: TV cable adjustment, was: R/T tranny downshift& TCC lockup

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 08:07:26 EDT

Colin,
Which direction should the TV cable be extended for a quicker downshift,
towards the firewall or the front. A guy adjusted it, which caused a delayed,
harsh shift in normal stop-n-go driving, so I readjusted it back to the
original position, trouble is I can't remember which way he moved the cable.
Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston

<< It isn't a dealer only adjustment, The kick down is still controlled by the
TV
 cable. You adjust like you would on the earlier trany's
  Colin H

 O26ON4@aol.com
> writes:

   Do all the R/T trannys hesitate ( at least a full second) before
downshifting upon WOT ? Is this normal, can it be adjusted or do I have to
Iearn to live with it?
 Also, can the torque converter lockup point (speed) be adjusted up, after
talking with the dealer, I got the impression it may adjustable.
Steve Waller in Houston