Upgrades to 3.9

From: Corey A Meyer (cameyer@bw.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 19:03:12 EDT

suggestions.
1. Headers. I have seen a lot about Thorley, JBA, and the such. Which is
        the best supposedly and where could I get good prices
2. Cat-back exhaust. A single 3" gives the most added performance, right?
        Which is the best? Gibson, Dynomax, Flowmaster? Also, where are
        the best prices? Do these come with mufflers?...which are the
        best mufflers?
3. Ignition systems. This Nov. issue of Car Craft had a comparison of
         ignitons. I thought it seemed that the Accel 300+ and the Crane
        Fireball HI-6 came out on top while the MSD-6AL(my prior favorite)
        didn't look so good. Anyone else read this and/or agree.
3A. Also, should the same type of ignition coil be used or would stock
        work well enough?
4. Computers and chips. Everyone backs up the MP computer, right? I've
        also heard about the Jet II chips, are these compatible-are either
        worth it. Any suggestions?
5. Air Cleaner. Is the K+N FIPK worth it?
6. Spark Plugs. I've been thinkin to try Champion Truck plugs. Now I've
        got SplitFires and you guys hate them so I wanna compare.
7. I want to know about U-D pulleys. Can someone please explain what
        these do, how much they help, and where I can get some?
Anything else? I think these are most of the simpler performance mods.
Remember, I have an '89, so I don't even know if all of these will apply,
if anyone has any prices and actual item codes for me I will love it.
-Corey...1989 3.9-no real perf. mods,only lifted a number of ways with 16in.
chrome Ram wheels and some 275-75R16 beautiful tires.