Re: Were's the beef? Was no Reg. test-rained out

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 15:07:43 EST

>I'm not sure why they have chosen to build such a mild engine but my guess
>is that either they were having emision problems with more cam or mileage
>problems using outdated technology. I think it is time for Mopar to invest
>in a little R&D to catch up. I know they can do it, they did after all
>make the Hemi and the V10. How about a new all aluminum small black Hemi
>with all the latest technology. Now that would be something.

How about a 4.7L SOHC V8? It's already in the '99 Grand Cherokee, and will
be in the Dak in 2000.... I hear it's replacing the 5.2L... but the 5.9L
will be left for now.

now you gotta start all over on performance parts, though...

Chrysler has always been conservative with drivetrain changes in their truck
lineup... they're the last of the big 3 with a solid front axle in the Full
size Ram series... the last with a mechanical lever for t-case engagement...
but it works! I for one will stick with the tried-and-true stuff until the
new 4.7L can prove itself...

if you want to really wake up a 5.9L... I have one word for you.... Vortech!

Gary Shook