Re: I wouldn't buy a JET

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 20:47:28 EST

>From: Sam Parthemer <srp@home.com>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: Re: DML: I wouldn't buy a JET
>Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 17:00:22 -0800
>
>What did you do to get 224?? My best is 216.5
>
>Sam '95 SLT

Let me double check my sheet....

oops, that was 227 not 224. Lets see, my first ever dyno I had the
FIPK, computer, and that was it. Stock exhaust system. Back then I got
211.3hp and 264lbs. About 4 months ago I dynoed again when I had my
headers put back on after being ceramic coated. They did a before and
after. First run with stock manifolds I had FIPK, computer, 180 tstat,
Taylor wires, and the flowmaster cat-back. I was expecting an increase
from my first dyno because of the addition of the cat-back but I only
got 209.4hp and 259.9lbs. After they put the headers back on we ran it
again and got 227.4hp and 287.6lbs. A second run gave us 224.3 and
286.1lbs. I need to scan my printouts and put them up on my webpage,
guess I've been letting my page get out of date somewhat. I was
surprised. Driving home I could defenately tell the differance in
power.

Sam what is your torque? The '93's are rated 10hp more but 10 or so
lbs. less torque than the '95's are because of the 3 inch cat on the
'93's, at least that's what I have heard. But it also seems to me that
someone mentioned the '93's had slightly different cam specs... ???

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html