?Quick CD Fix?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 17:34:10 EST

Now before you audiophiles start thinking about tying me up to an amplifier
and burning me alive, I'd upgrade the entire system if I had the money, but
I don't...

So, what I'm looking for is a quick cheap fix to play CD's out of the stock
AM/FM cassette stereo system. I bought one of those portable CD players
that has a cassette adapter to play CD's through the tape player, but it
sucks. There is too much "hiss" w/out the noise reduction feature on and
the noise reduction removes the hiss but dulls the music (catch 22 or
what!). My brother also tells me I am ruining the tape heads with this
stuff. He also said there was some sort of RF adapter were you would tune
your receiver to a specific freq. and play the CD that way... Is this any
good? Where would I find this?

Any other inexpensive ideas??

Thanks.

T.