Re: DML Reason for 3.55 to 3.90 swap.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 13:14:28 EST

The reason that I want to switch to the 3.90's is to increase the pulling
power, and raise my highway RPM's a bit when towing in O/D. I just bought a
high-po jetboat on a tamdem trailer (about 2500# total), which I plan to pull
a lot this summer, and I figure that the 3.90's will cause less stress on the
O/D unit. Do you other guys tow in O/D? I know this is a controversial
subject, but I can't bear to watch the RPM's if I take it out of O/D at
interstate speeds.

P.S. Lance M - are reprints of the gear swap article available? And what
month and year did the article appear, I'd gladly purchase a back-issue.

PPS - I'd also like one of those wenches, but I live in Indiana, and won't be
able to make it to Hooters in TX. LOL