RE: fast rice rockets -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 16:50:15 EST

In my opinion, no matter what you do to it, no matter how fast it goes, it's
still an Econobox. It costs an obscene amount of money to make a honda
as fast as a Dak. For the money you put into it, you could've bought a
Dak and made it even faster! I've read a lot of import magazines and most
of those guys have a lot of radical mods that make the car non-emissions
legal and non-streetable. A 12 sec Civic doesn't run like a 12 sec Dak on
the highway, and you couldn't make a 12 sec Civic a daily driven car
(theoretically you could, but maintenance would be outrageous). If you
want a good luagh about imports, check out
http://www.riceboypage.com it talks all about the various arguments of
Import vs. Domestic and all the BS that goes with it. It's pretty amusing =)

-mike d.

>>> Jason Jennings <jason@spray-tech.com> 01/25/99 10:10am >>>
I saw the sweet car program on TLC last night. Yeah I hear some of
those rice rockets pull the 60s in under 4 seconds.... Most were
hitting ets in the 11s....wow.... Of course they were all juicing the
hell out of their cars, and messing with the timing like crazy. I even
saw a Honda mini van run a 14.2, holy cow bat man. I think I just
messed my pants. Not too mention the driver was the mom, oops no
offense. That little bus is kicking the fat boy's grocery getter of
Horse Power TV, hahahahahaha..... I hear there are a number of rice
rockets hitting the track in my area. The show I saw was checking out a
strip in Southern California.... There must have been hundreds of
Hondas....

Jason
1/25/99 10:12 AM