Extended Warranties

From: Daniel Confer (dconfer@wam.umd.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 22:25:26 EST

I'm 18 and last October purchased a '98 Emerald Green Dakota Sport with
the regular cab, short bed, 318, and 4 speed automatic. I was wondering
if what the list members think about extended warranties. My Dad has
been pushing me to get a service contract from Chrysler, and the dealer
recommended the 7 year/70,000 mile Added Care contract for my truck.
His best price for the plan with the $50 deductible was $955 and for the
$100 deductible was $825. My question is should I just save my money
and believe that my truck won't need that much work or go with the
service contract? Any information or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

-Dan, UMCP Student