Where's the shine!!

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 09:50:34 EST

Not sure if anyone has asked this before. The stainless exhaust on the
R/T......is there anything anyone would recommend to get the rust and
debris
off the tip? I'm afraid to use steel wool and I'm not sure of any harm
any
others cleaning methods will produce. I tried Eagle One's "Never Dull"
and
it wasn't worth the three bucks I paid for it. Any input would help.
Thanks!!

Reply:

Steel wool will work fine if you use a NEW pad and get it wet and REALLY
sudsy
and then use only light pressure. I used to clean the brake dust off my
chrome Grand
National wheels this way during the winter, because the brake dusk would
practically
weld itself to the chrome the minute it got wet from rain or snow. But,
if you push to
hard or don't have enough soap suds, it will scratch. But then, the
debris probably look
worst than any scratches you'd leave since the most of the pipe is under
the truck where
light doesn't shine directly on it anyway.

Randy Fox
'98 FR CC