Re: RE: California guys read this (Dakota Truck Show)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 14:50:56 EST

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, SmokinDakota wrote:
[...]
> Classes - I liked your ideas. Here's then the tentative list:
> Best Graphics/Paint job
> Lowest & Highest
> Best 4 X 4
> Best Interior or Audio
> Best V6 overall
> Best V8 overall
> Best R/T overall
> Best of Show
> Most Illegal - work with Glendora PD or San Dimas Sherriff's office
[...]

   This sounds pretty neat! :-) If I wasn't on the other coast,
I'd probably enter my Dak. One thing that caught my attention though
is the "Most Illegal" idea. If I were considering entering my truck,
a class like that would probably cause me to leave my truck in the
parking lot with the rest of the spectators. The last thing I'd want
is for a bunch of cops to crawl around and under my truck looking for
violations and illegal stuff. I'm sure they'd take a dim view of my
exhaust mods. Even if there weren't any reprocussions at the show, what
if I were driving around a couple of months later, and one of the cops
from the show needed a reason to pull me over? And, unless the truck
that wins "most illegal" was a trailer queen, what's going to happen
when the show is over and the guy drives it past the cops and out onto
the street? I don't know if I'd have enough nerve to do that. :-)

  I dunno; all that stuff I listed above would make me more than a bit
uneasy. If there are others out there who think like me, a "most
illegal" class may reduce the number of entrants.

  Good luck with the show!

                                              -Jon-