Re: Re[2]: Truck no cold start (Dave)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 14 1999 - 13:40:49 EST

<< <<Dakota content my 99 4x with a 5.2 did not start yesterday morning, temp
was
 -7 Celsius (approximately 20-25 degrees for you guys in the States) this
 is the second time at this same temp that my truck has not started any
 ideas before I take it in to the idiots oops!, I mean dealer>>

 That's weird, my '98 318 seems to love the cold and fires right up...
Besides
 20-25 isn't that cold anyway. It's cold enough to freeze any water in the
fuel
 line though, which is the only problem I can think of. Do you think you
might
 have bought some bad gas somewhere? I think there is a gas tank additive
that
 supposed to get rid of any water in your tank. You may want to try some
before
 you see the idiots and get the old NTF report! ;-)

True, my dad's Taurus did the same cold start thing when we had -35 wind chill
temps about 2 months ago. He went out and put in a bottle of gas line anti-
freeze with moisture absorber and about 2 hours after putting it in the car
fired right up. In the cold winter months, I run a bottle through my tank once
a month just to make sure the lines dont freeze up. Good Luck
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 v6