RE: Mobil-1 vs. Amsoil

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 22:44:29 EST

What Oil do I use...Valvoline Durablend. Hey...It's inexpensive, works
great...and why waste extra money on oil that you're just going to change at
3500-5000 mile intervals...My old 1969 Javelin has never seen any Synthetic
(or Synth-Blend) oils in its life and the only reason I had to rebuild the
engine...at 180K miles...was because one of the rings broke and screwed up
the block.

My dad is an Amsoil Rep and he's tried their brands in his cars...what does
he use...Castrol GTX 10w30. He changes the oil every 3500 miles and the
engines last just as long.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."