Re: RE: Re: RE: 24# Injectors?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 13:17:38 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 12:43:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bbridges@alarismed.com writes:

> your stock injectors should be AOK as well as
> stock fuel pressure setting. If you have a free flow exhaust and/or big
TB,
> camshaft, ported heads, etc. then you may want more fuel. BUT, I
personally
> cant say how much, what pressure or anything since I havnt played with fuel
> pressure (yet)... Anyone else out there??

I'd use a digital volt meter and just tap off the O2 sensor. 1 vdc is running
rich
and .75 vdc is leaning out. Unless you have major mods I would not go with
injectors. I have seen Buick Grand Nationals attain an additional 150 HP using
the stock injectors. I put new injectors in mine only after I was running low
12's in my Buick (stock Buick ran low 14's) If I were you I would make sure
you have good voltage to your fuel pump AKA 14+ volts. If its lower than that
you may want to hot-wire the stock fuel pump with a relay and 10 gauge wire...
the additional voltage will boost the fuel pressure and make the stock
injectors flow more fuel. Always have more fuel than you need and the O2 will
adjust it to the correct pulsewidth on the injectors. IMHO I would not add
injectors until 13 or dare I say 12 second quarters are attained. Look in
magazines for the article on injectors... they will tell you about the duty
cycle and fuel pressures need to attain the correct fueling. Also check out
Kenny-Bell's boost-a-pump... this may work. The digital volt meter will give
you the best idea if you need more fuel. Also many company sell Stoich meters
with different color LEDs... green means rich... red means lean. IMHO adding
injectors will only slow you down by creating a rich condition unless MAJOR
work is done to the motor AKA turbos, superchargers, etc.
Charles