Re: RE: Re: RE: 24# Injectors?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 01:43:50 EST

At 03:50 PM 3/26/99 , you wrote:
>I thought Sean Meldrum or someone else did that ?

  Yep, Sean Meldrum came up with an idea of how to do it. (Basically a
voltage divider that drops the voltage of the sensor down to "post cat"
levels to make it seem as if the cat were in place.) His design required
an O2 sensor in the exhaust, and I was looking to remove the downstream
unit, so I adapted his to a module that would replace the entire sensor.
Unfortunately, the heater circuit was a problem; the current melted the
insides of my module. :-) I have since had the sensor mounted
permanantly, so I will be going back to Sean's when I can get some time to
work on it.

  There is someone who sells an O2 simulator though. If I recall, its
about $50. (Its not for the front O2 sensor, its for the downstream
sensor, to fake the computer into thinking the cat is still there and
functioning.) The phone number and e-mail address of the guy who sells
them can be found near the bottom of the archive post at this URL:

http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/Archives/dakota/9809/1488.html

                                               -Jon-