Re: 98 Ram SS/T

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 12:26:07 EST

Why couldn't Chrysler farm out tranny production to a vendor like Doug Nash
Engineering or one of the other aftermarket tranny manufacturers? Chrysler
gets half of their tranny products from New Venture Gear anyway (who
supplies GM also), and they get their diesels from Cummins, and may get
6-spd. autos from Allison........

I'm sure the aftermarket trannies could handle the 360's torque, plus a
whole lot more, although they may not shift smooth enough for some
consumers. Also, as you state, it may not be worth Chrysler's trouble to
appease the minority when providing tranny options. I still think they
don't do it because of liability problems.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate