Re: DML:CB Antennas

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 21:49:48 EST

> they sell this little box that uses/converts the pre-existing AM/FM antenna on
> cars/trucks so that you can run your CB's off of your radio's antenna. They
> say it will not afect the reception of the radio. Think this would actually
> work?? I am picky about reception, not how far I can pick up from, just how
> good it sounds. Worth a shot or no???
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6
You just reminded me of my old '79 Jeep Cherokee. It had a Cobra stereo
with a cb built in. The channel led's were in the mike itself. Anyway,
it also had a combo am/fm/cb antenna, just like a regular spring loaded
base chrome antenna, mounted to the top of the passenger side front
fender. It recieved and transmitted clear, and if it ever hit a branch
it bent out of the way and back. I've seen these available at auto parts
stores. Alan S.