Re: Re: Re: CB Antennas

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 21:29:23 EST

<< Fire-Stik (along with a few others) makes a "Quick Disconnect" for the CB
 Antenna's. However, you really don't want to disconnect the antenna when
 Offroading because you may just need it in a "situation". The old 102"
 Steel Whips are still the best for offroad since you can just bend it and
 tie it down with some fishing line...and it still works perfectly.

I used to run a 102" whip, but I was fiberglass; was WAY too tall, excellent
reception though. Then I went to my current dual 48" fiberglass antennas,
which I still raelly like the reception. I was looking through the ever-so-
famous JC Whitney catalog and saw something that caught my eye. For $16.15,
they sell this little box that uses/converts the pre-existing AM/FM antenna on
cars/trucks so that you can run your CB's off of your radio's antenna. They
say it will not afect the reception of the radio. Think this would actually
work?? I am picky about reception, not how far I can pick up from, just how
good it sounds. Worth a shot or no???
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6