OverDrive - Jerking Motion

From: Michael Stepka (mstepka@genesisdj.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 07:55:55 EDT

I just recently got a job that requires me to take the highway more, and
since then I noticed how much my dakota sucks in overdrive. I made an
appointment next week at the dealer, but maybe someone on here can explain
why my truck is doing this. When I am on the highway going anywhere from
50-70mph, and I am in overdrive is the truck goes up a slight incline, or i
just give it a little bit of gas (Not enough gas to make it downshift), the
truck does some serious jerking from what I think is the driveshaft. It is
really bad. It is like it hesitates. Does anyone know why it does it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Stepka
98 Sport CC 4x4 V6
with all the chrome accessories