Re: Re: Ram air setups

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 10:08:57 EDT

Gordon,

Hendrick Dodge lists the MP cold air intake for ~$250.
 It's been my experience (especially w/ perf. parts)
to check around and haggle with your local dealer. If
1 Dodge dealer has part xxxx for yyy dollars, you
local dealer should darn well match it.

--- Gordon Adams <rtgordon@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >concecntrate more on "cleaning up" the flow of
> things i.e. kinks in
> >restrictive "accordian" hoses, s bolts, etc. to get
> the velocity up >and
> >the turbulence down.My observations, anyway.
> >Alan S.
>
> sounds like you think the Gen II might be the way to
> go. with the smooth, 4
> in. pipe to the raised airhat. Would this be a safe
> assumption??
>
> What is the "scoop" on the Mopar cold air intake
> that just became available
> for the R/T? Does anyone have any performance
> numbers? (ie cfm, cone size,
> general description)I have heard many prices, too.
> One person said he paid
> $249.95 for the cold air intake, but the dealership
> told me $371.50, and
> that is a big difference. I am curious mainly about
> the differences between
> Gen II and Mopar cold air intake.
>
> I want to do something with my intake next, but I
> don't think I have enough
> info on what is going to be the best overall.
>
> gordon

> Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit
> http://www.msn.com

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4