Re: Hooker vs Leech

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 16:54:28 EDT

Gene&Renee wrote:
> And save yourself some
> headaches? Whats that all about? I have seen plenty of posts on this > list
> complaining about installation problems and failures with Leech-Mopar
> headers.

Gene, I respect your post and it's content. However, who had troble with
the Leach install? A FAILURE???
As far as full length "headaches" I would say it would be in the
construction of the rest of the system.
The Leach headers may not flow quite as much as full length, but it is a
"bolt-on" and can be done with minimal hassel and just a couple of
welds.
As opposed to constructing, bending and welding associated with a full
length install.
Hanging down below the truck and banging them against the ground thru a
dip is another.
Not to mention the legalities of the open header run to the muffler
shop! Been there.
All in all, I know what your saying about the full length headers, they
ARE better for racing.
I still like my Leach setup they DO perform well and I will continue to
recommend them to anyone interested in headers.
                                                   Alan S.