F & B TB's Customer Perspective

From: David Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 14:26:36 EDT

With all of the comments flying around on this subject, I'd thought I'd
weigh in. I ordered a F & B Stage 1 TB over the winter. Unlike many of the
people who are having long waiting periods, I went with the new core option
so that I'd have the original TB if needed. I figured I could always send
it back for a Stage 2 upgrade if desired.

I don't have the exact dates of order, but it only took a month or so to
receive the TB and I was not pushing for it in a rush.

The TB looks great, gave me at least 3 tenths in the quarter and much better
off idle response. The instructions were wonderful and you can't beat the
payment terms.

I would not hesitate to deal with Frank or Bruce on this or any future
products that they may produce.

A suggestion to dealing with the backlog, maybe F & B would be willing to
send a TB machined from a new core and offer a partial exchange for the
returned cores. I.E. $90 (machining charge) + $185 (I think) for new core
gets you a Stage 1 TB for $275 which is still a good deal. F & B would then
take your stock TB back and credit you $X (80?) whatever the going core
value is. This would net you a modified TB on a new core for under $200.
Just a thought.

Anyway thanks Frank and Bruce and please keep me in mind for future ventures
(intakes?).

Dave Rench
1997 Dak Sport