Re: MSD & JET ?'s Help please!!!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 19:39:52 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/99 4:28:50 PM Central Daylight Time, OLZNUT@webtv.net
writes:

<< It's time to have some more fun with my 6er. Where can I get the 6A and
 re-programmer for the best price?? JET's site wants 300 bones for it. Do
 I need to buy a special harness to hook up a MSD? I'm sure there is
 someone who has them for less. Any suggestions? Who to go to and stay
 away from?? Thanks again. >>

Either Summit or Jegs will be the best price on the MSD box. When I installed
my MSD 6-Offroad Box, I paid $199.99 for the box and $15 for the MSD
Universal Wiring Harness, part number 8873. I like this wiring harness
because it allows me to simply unplug the MSD Box and use the 'factory
ignition'(what is left of it!) or basically just run my truck without the
Ignition Box hooked up, in under 30 seconds. This case, if the MSD box dies,
my truck will still run and operate, which I am really not worried about.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 109,000 miles
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD Universal Harness, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductor
Wires, Champion Truck Plugs, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warn Select Brass Cap &
Rotor.