Re: Got the Jet installed

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 18:18:19 EDT

I did a little experimenting today trying to evaluate the Jet chip. Since I
had to go drop off some anti-freeze for recycling (from the thermo
install), I decided to take the chip out for the trip down to schlep girls.
I added in some city and freeway driving to get a good feel for the stock
computer. I popped the chip back in at the store for the return trip. Even
with a tailwind helping the stock computer and a headwind fighting the Jet,
my calibrated seat-o'-the-pants-o-meter tells me the Jet is working as
advertised in my particular application (results may vary). I noticed a
little better mileage even at a higher speed into the wind. I think if your
already running 13.1's, you might need Jet (or Hypertech for that matter)
to program a custom application chip for you. Maybe the stock Stage II
isn't the best choice for your particular hot rod? I know both companies
offer custom chips for people who have more than the average intake/exhaust
mods. Of course my experiment is pretty subjective, I don't have a dyno
sheet or time-slip to back it up. Please don't take my opinion as Gospel.

Mike G.