Re: Tundra Commercial/truck pulls

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 12:38:22 EST

I'm with you Bernd, in fact I'll do you one better. My
brother and his father-in-law are starting to promote truck
pulls in the northern/central CA area, just did one in Paso
Robles on Sat night. I think we need to get a Tundra,
Dakota, Ram, F150 and a Silverado and do a grudge type
"stock?" truck pull. Get equally set up vehicles (eng
size, trans type and gear ratio, maybe even tire size) and
hook 'em up to the sled and see how they do.

BTW--A brand new Power Stroke Super-DOODY went up against a
95 or 96 Ram with the Cummins diesel. Ended up almost
exactly the same distance within an inch or two.

John

> Now who's with me on this one:
>
> Let's call up Toyota and challenge them to a dirt race
> with our 4x4's (and
> 4x2's)!! I've taken my Dak on worse than what they show
> in the
> commercial...and am fully confident that we can beat
> them. ;)
>
> Anyone?
>

> Bernd D. Ratsch

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's