Off-road Equipment

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 15:53:28 EST

A question to all the 4x4 folks:

What do you keep your tow ropes, chains etc in when you go out in search of
deep mud?
I was thinking about getting a small toolbox that sits behind the wheel well
flush with the side of the box, and no higher than the top edge.
My plan is to get a fiberglass tonneau, so the little toolbox can't be
higher than the top rail. I've seen something like what i've mentioned but
it fit in front of the wheel well rather than behind it. I'd prefer the
toolbox to be behind the well since that's closer to the back of the truck
where i'll be hitching to anyway.
But i'm interested in where the rest of you store your recovery gear.

Frank WJ