Re: Re:18 HOUR TOWING TRIP HELP!!!

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 14:39:59 EST

Very true

Joe G.

<< Just wanted to point out that we haven't always had that "5th, or
overdrive"
 gear. We towed without overdrive when it wasn't available. A 5sp, is
 basically a 4sp with and overdrive. It'll run in 4th gear at 65mph with no
 problem. You don't want to tow a 20' boat any faster than that anyway,
 especially your first time. The mpg might be lower and the engine will run
 higher rpm's, but 4th gear is the recommended gear according to the factory
 when towing. Diesal's are the one's made to tow fast at low rpms and get
 good mpg.
 --Aaron-- >>