DML and Patent violation problem

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 21:54:19 EDT

Nothing like alienating your target customers. Even though it doesn't mean
much, the archives will provide a date as to when the page in question was
truly posted.

I don't personally believe they have a case, neither you or Rob are selling
them, your just stating how Rob fabricated a home made set. Patent laws when
never intended to prevent people from fabricating items for personal use.
However, they still have the right to file a lawsuit over intellectual
property. I don't think they would have a snowball's chance in Hell of
winning, but let's face it, it's not who's right or wrong or who came up
with the idea first, it's who could afford the better lawyer. The system
sucks!

Respond to him and give him two options.

(ONE) Ask him to allow you to leave the page up with modifications.
Basically offer to remove some of the design details while recommending his
product on the page. Even offer to provide links to his site.

(TWO) Replace the current page in question with one that contains the full
text if all the emails from Trail Sport Unlimited as well as your side of
the story. Plus at the top of the page in VERY BOLD letters a message that
states, "The 800+ members of the DML are boycotting this product by Trail
Sport Unlimited for this reason and ask you to do the same. If you are
interested in purchasing a superior item, we recommend Cal-Trac bars" and
provide a link to Cal-Trac.

The DML has 800+ members and Dakota-Truck.NET has had nearly 200,000 hits to
date. We have the ability to persuade alot of potential customers. Make
sure he understands it's not just 2 guys here, but a large, international
club with many members.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM