Dak Shelter

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 01:34:23 EST

I am preparing to put up a new 24 X 24 garage between now and spring.
Primarily for my woodworking, but it will be space to work on my Dak and '67
Firebird when needed. Looking for any suggestions that y'all might offer to
make it "mo better". What I am considering to begin with is:

24 X 24 with a 4 X 8 enclosed shed on the rear to house air compressor and
dust collector. The shed will be accessed from inside the garage.
9-9 1/2 foot ceiling. Cooler in the summer, and room to lift an engine out
8 or 12-12 pitch roof, with storage in the attic
metal roof, vinyl siding for low maintenance
1 16' overhead door with opener
4" monolithic slab with extra wire
air compressor outlets in 3 or 4 spots, and outside for both wood shop and
mechanic tools
extra electrical outlets, inside and outside
extra lighting, inside and outside
sheetrocked, painted white for better lighting
dust collection system, 4" in the floor and 2 1/2" on the walls. I am
thinking I will also put dc outlets on the outside wall to use for vacuuming
out interiors
phone and cable TV lines run upstairs and downstairs
at least one 220 volt outlet on each wall, and outside
That's all I have right now. One contractor looked this week and another is
coming by tomorrow. Bids are only to pour the floor and dry in the balance.
I will do the rest myself.

Any suggestions I might want to consider?
I cannot go 30' deep, because of my lot arrangement and lot line setbacks
I cannot install a grease pit - money
I cannot install a lift - money

I look forward to your responses.
Cal Hyer