Such a waste....

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 16:16:16 EDT

Well, i haven't been hanging out too much on the DML, simply because i have
been moving around with a new job, just found a new apartment, yadda
yadda........

Anyways, driving around today in my filthy 4x4 Dakota, someone at a stop
light said something like: "What a shame to see such a nice vehicle so dirty
and muddy, with those scratches..."
The rest of the way home i thought about this.
My response is this:
The real shame is the 98% of people that go out and buy a huge 4x4 truck or
SUV and don't know how to even work the transfer case. What a shame that
all these people don't ever know the sheer joy of turning off the ashphalt
down some muddy trail that they have never tavelled before, only to reach a
point at the other end with a spectacular view of the surrounding country
side without another soul around. What a shame they only see nature from
the side of the paved highway they take to get to work everyday. What a
shame they don't know the feeling of accomplishment after making it all the
way through a stretch of "mud street" while the previous 4 trucks needed to
be pulled out. (Everyone that was at the 2000 DML BBQ saw my huge smile)
hehe
I truly feel that a 4x4 is capable of giving such freedom to the driver as
to where they are going, and how they'll get there, but unfortunately, most
people don't see it that way, and only a very small percentage of the
population has ever known the joy of actually USING a 4x4 to it's potential.

So, from now on, when i see a nice new shined up SUV or pickup, i think i'll
verbally say "What a shame..."

Juat some thoughts i wanted to share with the whole DML.

The Adam Blaster