"fintermittant" gauge problem

From: David Day (davidday1@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 19:13:04 EDT

Hi, all.
I have a 1996 ClubCab SLT with the 5.2 liter engine, auto, tow group, 3.92
rear end, tranny cooler, a/c. I got it used a couple months ago and it has
81k miles on it. A few days ago, all the sudden the speedo and tach
suddenly went to "0" and the odometer quit. I called the dealer and made
arrangements to take it in. But, when I started the truck to drive it to
the dealer, everything worked! I took it in anyway - they checked it out
but found nothing wrong. Said to bring it back when it isn't working.
Any ideas on what went wrong and how to keep it from happening again?

David Day
davidday1@qwest.net
www.lasermax.com/JudgeDay